14 Nov International Talent Scholarship at Utrecht University
|Open to Utrecht University, Netherlands||Degree Type (s): Masters|
|Deadline: 1st February every year||Part scholarship|
The LEG International Talent Scholarship (LEG ITS) programme offers a number of highly talented prospective students the opportunity to pursue a degree in one of the English taught Master’s programmes of the Graduate School of Law, Economics and Governance.
With this highly selective scholarship programme the Faculty wants to contribute and invest in talented international students who have shown the highest achievement in their career so far. This can be based on their academic quality and results from preceding education or from student’s societal engagement or career vision. Approximately 15 scholarships are awarded per year.
With the scholarship students will be able to cover the costs of the tuition fee and part of the living expenses.
- for students who will have to pay the statutory tuition fee (mainly EU/EAA student): €5.000
- for students who will have to pay the institutional tuition fee (most non EU/EAA students): €17.500
In a 2-year’s Master’s programme the scholarship will only be renewed for the second year if the student is making satisfactory progress towards the degree.
Students s should be aware that the grant is not a full scholarship, and that it may be necessary to find additional funding to be able to finance study and stay completely. Read more about the budget Utrecht University advises.
Number of awards:
Approximately 15 awards every year
Duration of course subject to satisfactory academic performance
Field of Study
Open toEnglish taught Master’s programmes of the Graduate School of Law, Economics and Governance.
Eligible candidates are selected for a scholarship on the basis of the following criteria:
- The academic quality and results of the preceding education, as evidence, for example, by grades, test scores, publications, letters of recommendation;
- The student’s career vision, promise in the proposed field of study;
- The student’s societal engagement (e.g. extracurricular activities)
- The quality and relevance of the motivation letter;
- The quality of the application itself (completeness, accuracy, consistency)
In order to be awarded this scholarship students should:
- have a non-Dutch nationality;
- hold a non-Dutch secondary education degree;
- have been admitted to one of the Master’s programmes mentioned above;
- be able to comply with the conditions to obtain a Dutch visa if applicable;
Failure to meet one or more of these criteria automatically means the student is not eligible for this scholarship.
Open to candidates from all countries
How to Apply:
For details on how to apply please visit: Apply for International Talent Scholarship at Utrecht University