08 Nov Allan & Nesta Ferguson Charitable Trust Masters Scholarships
|Open to University of Sheffield, United Kingdom||Degree Type (s): Masters|
|Deadline: 24th May 2019||Full scholarship|
The University of Sheffield has a strong commitment to International Development. One of the themes of the University’s strategy is ‘celebrating, promoting and increasing the volume of the work that we do to improve the lives of others through our international relationships, locally and abroad’. Building on this commitment the University, in collaboration with the Allan and Nesta Ferguson Charitable Trust and the Sheffield Institute for International Development, is now able to offer 10 scholarships (over 3 years) targeted at international students from developing countries for a number of courses that are affiliated with the Sheffield Institute for International Development.
The scholarship offers the following:
- A full tuition fee waiver
- Maintenance for University accommodation and a monthly stipend
Number of awards:
Duration of course
Field of Study
Open to the following MsC programmes:
- • MA Cities and Global Development
• MA International Development
• MSc in Environmental Change and International Development
• MPH in International Development
• MSc in International Social Change and Policy
• MA Global and Political Economy
• MA International Politics
• MA in Social Research
The following are the eligibility criteria:
- You must hold an offer for one of the eligible courses
- You must be classified as overseas for tuition fee purposes.
- You must be self-funded to receive this award, i.e. not funded by a research council, government, private enterprise, charity or any similar organisation.
- This scholarship cannot be awarded in conjunction with any other funding awards, either from the University of Sheffield or external sources.
- Your mode of attendance must be full time.
- You must begin your studies at the University of Sheffield in 2019. This scholarship cannot be deferred.
- Receipt of the scholarship is subject to successfully meeting any condition(s) attached to your offer before the deadline provided by the Admissions Service.
- Receipt of the scholarship is subject to successfully receiving a visa to study at the University in September 2019.
- You must be a national of, or permanently domiciled, in one of the eligible countries (please see below for list of eligible countries)
Open to candidates from the following countries:
Central African Republic
Democratic People’s Republic of Korea
Democratic Republic of the Congo
Lao People’s Democratic Republic
Papua New Guinea
Sao Tome and Principe
Syrian Arab Republic
West Bank and Gaza Strip
How to Apply:
For details on how to apply please visit: Apply for Allan & Nesta Ferguson Charitable Trust Masters Scholarships